Saturday 11 October 2014

Skirting Boards, Windows and Dressing Table!

I've moved things round a bit this morning. We had carpet underlay in the cupboard under the stairs but I've emptied it out and filled it with boxes of things we don't need to use at the moment. We still need to take the carpet underlay to the tip so that a job for the weekend after next when we're back in wales!


We went to the builders merchants and for the skirting boards this morning. We just about managed to it them in the car. They're duel sided so we need to decide which side we prefer.




Nathan has patched up the hole above the window with some wood that he shaped using a router. The first photo is the only I could find of what it was like before. We're going to give it another coat of paint an attach the curtain rail to them then we can measure up for curtains!





We went to the auction surplus shop and I got a dressing table and chair with my birthday money! The dressing table was £80 and the chair was £10! They delivered then this evening. I think I'm going to sand them down an wax them. I'll re-do the padding on the chair and get some new fabric for the chair. I like how it's tacked on so I want to do that again.









No comments:

Post a Comment